Poetry Contest for Emerging Poets
$1,000 and publication awarded for the winning group of three poems by a poet who has not yet published a book of poetry with a nationally distributed press.
We are happy to announce the results of the 2017 Poetry Contest for Emerging Poets. We received many excellent entries this year, and our contest judge, Edward Nobles, selected Elizabeth Hoover. Her winning group of three poems will appear in the Spring 2018 issue.
Congratulations also to our honorable mentions: Lea Anderson and Elizabeth Eagle.
The 2018 contest will open on January 1, 2018.
- All entries must be postmarked by June 1, 2018 or submitted online by midnight CT.
- Entry fee is $16 per group of three poems and $16 for each additional group. Fee includes a one-year subscription. Make checks payable to Boulevard.
- Author's name, address, and telephone number, in addition to the titles of the three poems, should appear on the first page.
- Cover sheets are not necessary.
- No manuscripts will be returned.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but previously accepted or published work is ineligible.
- The poems may be a sequence or unrelated.
- All entries will be considered for publication and for payment at our regular rates.
- Entries will be judged by the editors of Boulevard magazine.
- No one editorially or financially affiliated with Boulevard can enter the contest.
- The winning poems will be first announced on the website and then published in the following issue of Boulevard.
- Send typed manuscript(s) to Boulevard Emerging Poets Contest, PMB 325, 6614 Clayton Road, Richmond Heights, MO 63117 or submit online.
Due to the number of submissions, we cannot respond to each writer individually. Please check back for the announcement of the winner.
Stacey Walker, 2016
Richard Lloyd-Jones, 2015
Alex Chernow, 2014
Christopher Robley, 2013
Jordan Pemberton, 2012
Hallie Rundle, 2011
Thomas Q. Morin, 2010
Salita Bryant, 2009
Greg McBride, 2008
Deborah Kroman, 2007
Jennifer Banks, 2005